Print Consultant Services
As a print consultant, I help artists and publishers take their work gorgeously from screen to page, demystifying the printing process for my clients and advising on how to get the best results for your project and budget. I also serve as a liaison between printer and artist, advocating for you in the rare case that any problems come in in shipping or printing, and negotiate best pricing and quality for you and your project. My specialties include limited print runs, comics, artbooks, and small press works, and I'm available to help with a wide variety of projects, including prose collections, postcard books, pins, and merchandising.
List Of Services
Have a finished project that you want to print, but not sure where to start? Know enough about printing that you’d like to work with an experienced professional to help you make the right choices? Whether this is your first printed project or your hundredth, I’m here to work with you to figure out how to get your project on the page looking great. I am able to help on many different projects—no matter if they are short run, large run, limited edition, local or international print runs—but I have particular expertise in the needs of specialty, independent and short-run projects. I especially love working on comics and art books.
All projects begin with a print consultation. We will discuss your project’s needs. If you’re new to printing, I will be sure to walk you through the whole process, help you navigate printer lingo, and make sure you understand all the steps it’ll take to get your work on paper.
From there I am able to help you with:
- finding the right printer for your project and budget.
- negotiating with printers, and handling bids and quote comparisons.
- figuring out the proper specifications for your work.
- formatting for both print and web.
- adding special effects, special finishes, or custom touches to your project within your budget.
- making sure that your project is completed with the professional care, speed, and quality it deserves.
Rates begin at the basic consultancy fee of $500. This includes a meeting, either over Skype, Google Plus, or email, where will I discuss the size and specifications of your project, recommend printers to work with, and help you figure out what steps to take towards the most professional and polished printing project you can produce. I'm especially interested in working with independent comics creators and artists.
For production work, reformatting, and further consultation, I charge an hourly rate. Please contact me if you’re interested.
- ELEMENTS: Fire, Beyond Press
- Beyond Anthology, Beyond Press, 2015 Tiptree Award Honor List & 2016 Lambda Award Winner
- The Meek V.1, by Der-Shing Helmer
- The Last Halloween V.1, by Abby Howard
- Shadoweyes by Sophie Campbell, Iron Circus Comics
- O Human Star V.1 & V.2, by Blue Delliquanti, 2016 DINKy Award winner
- Knights-Errant V.1, by Jennifer Doyle, Sparkler
- Something Terrible by Dean Trippe, Iron Circus Comics
- Undercities: a short story anthology, Dirty Birds Press
- Love Me Nice, by Amanda Lafrenais
- Eth's Skin, by Sfé R. Monster
- Sorcery 101 Omnibus Volumes 1 & 2, by Kel McDonald
- The Tankadere Anthology series
"I could not have asked for a better consultant when I was assembling the first printed collection of my work. Rhiannon's promptness, politeness and expertise will put any publishing artist or team at ease, and the unmatched quality of the books I received has made Rhiannon an absolute must-have for all my future projects." - Blue Delliquanti, creator of O Human Star.
"I have always struggled to get the colors right in prepress. Rhiannon was invaluable when it came to helping with color and picking which paper would make my book shine. The book is fantastic and it's all thanks to her." - Kel McDonald, creator of Sorcery 101 and Misfits of Avalon.